Types of Cookies
The cookies we and our business partners use on this website are broadly grouped into the following categories:
- Essential – Some of the cookies on our website are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this would be a cookie used to enable you to log into your account on the website or which allows communication between your browser and the website. Our cookie preference cookie described in the section “How Can I Reject or Opt-out of Receiving Cookies” is also an essential cookie. You may not be able to use our website without these cookies.
- Analytics – We use analytic cookies to help us understand how users engage with our website. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our website or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited the website once each week for three weeks, we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyze how well our website was performing and improve it without these cookies.
- User Cookies – We use these cookies to improve your experience by remembering your preferences, so we know how you like to use our website. Examples of this would be remembering you so that you are served with the same content or to remember you when you come back to the site.
- Social Sharing – We use third party cookies to allow you to share content directly on the social networking/sharing sites like Facebook, or Twitter. Examples would be if you wanted to “Like” or “Tweet” about us or our products or services. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below for more details.
- Interest-Based Advertising – You will have noticed that when you visit websites you will be shown advertisements for products and services you may wish to buy. The money made by website owners for showing third party advertisers on their website often pays for the cost of running the website and therefore usually allows you to use the website without have to pay a registration or usage fee. To try to ensure that the advertisements you see are relevant to you, third party cookies may be used to collect information about the types of things that interest you, for example, websites you visit and the geography that you are based in. Having these cookies does not increase the number of advertisements you will be shown, but simply makes the advertisements you see more relevant. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below for more details.
Opting out of Cookies
If you do not wish cookies to be stored on your machine, you can do the following:
- Delete the cookies from your browser. Most browsers also allow you to prevent all or some cookies from being stored on your machine in the future. For more information on how to delete or disable cookies from your browser, please use the “Help” function within your browser or alternatively visit http://allaboutcookies.org; and/or
- Please not that we can’t always control third party cookies stored on your machine from our website and where this is the case you will need to visit the relevant third party’s website directly to manage cookies stored on your machine by them. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below. Please be aware the disabling cookies may impact the functionality of this website.
Third Party Cookies
Some of the cookies described in the “What Cookies are Used on This Website” section above is stored on your machine by third parties when you use our website. Third parties may also read cookies on your browser to collect information or to serve content or advertisements to you. We have no control over these cookies or how the third parties use them. They are used to allow that third party to provide a service to us, for example, analytics. For more information on these cookies and how to disable them, please see:
- Internet Advertising Bureau website at http://youronlinechoices.comwhere you will be able to opt-out of receiving Interest-Based Advertising cookies from some of the third parties listed below; and/or
Third Party: Google
Below are the types of cookies used by Google:
- Analytics – Google provides anonymized data about the visits made to our website.
- Social Sharing – Google also store cookies which allow the “Google + social sharing functionality
- Interest Based Advertising – Google tools may also collect data for the purpose of interest-based advertising
More information on how to opt out, https://www.google.com/policies/privacy
Third Party: Facebook
Below is the type of cookie used by Facebook:
- Social Sharing – Facebook store cookies which allow the Facebook “Like” social sharing functionality but only if you click on the Facebook “Like” button on our website or log in using your Facebook account.
More information and how to opt-out: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
Third Party: Twitter
Below is the type of cookieused by Twitter:
- Social Sharing – Twitter also store cookies which allow their social sharing functionality including the “Tweet” function and to generate usage information during your visit to our website.
More information on how to opt-out: http://twitter.com/privacy